Going back to school often provides the opportunity for lots of different emotions. Anxiety, stress, fear, excitement, and exhaustion are some of the feelings that can present themselves at the beginning of a new school year. Back to school Bible verses can help children transfer their concerns and worries and trust that God is and will continue to take care of them.
These Bible verses are good anytime of the year and not reserved just for back to school time!
This post may contain affiliate links. That simply means that I may receive a small commission when you purchase something through the link at no additional cost to you.
Back to School Bible Verses
The following back to school Bible verses can be claimed as God’s promises. He will never leave you, He will be with you always, He has a plan for you, He is the light and will give you wisdom. Each of these beautiful promises come with blessings and comfort. Whether you or your child are worried about new things, difficult people, changes, or the unknown, God will be right there beside you all the way.
9 Encouraging Back to School Bible Verses
Take these back to school Bible verses and write them on an index card or a sticky note and memorize them! Put them where you will be reminded of their promise often! Tuck them in a lunch, in a pocket, on the mirror in the bathroom, inside a notebook, or use as a bookmark. Each of the following back to school Bible verses are from NIV.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Matthew 28:20 – and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
- Joshua 1:5 – No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
- James 1:5 – If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
- Jeremiah 31:3 – The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”
- Psalm 91:11 – For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
- Psalm 34:7 – The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them.
- John 8:12 – When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
If you want some more back to school Bible verses for your kids, check out these super cute scripture lunch box notes!
RELATED: 5 Important Back to School Prayers
Bible Verse for School
My very favorite Bible verse for school (and life), is Jeremiah 29:11. God was talking to the Children of Israel when they had been in slavery for years and years. Yet, He gave them this assurance that He was still in control of the situation and planned not to harm them but to give them hope and a future.
Going back to school can be frightening, but remembering that God will be with you and your child can reduce those fears. Take time to recite these promises every morning before going to school and then in the evening, talk about the ways God provided and blessed throughout the day.
❣ Sign up to get our weekly email filled with encouragement, ideas, and support for moms raising kids who love Jesus! ❣