Printable Bible Worksheets for kids are a wonderful way to extend their learning for a child. When a child is learning about a specific story or event, the more they can practice what they’ve learned and connect the story with other things they already know. Bible worksheets for kids can also provide some focused learning time for younger kids that combines fine motor skills with story learning and familiarity with different Bible lessons and Bible verses. Learning to color is one skill but when you combine it with coloring a Bible story picture, you are providing additional learning opportunities for the child to explore the story and what color that elephant in the ark might have been.
Another bonus with Bible worksheets for kids is that you can recycle them. When children are preschool and early elementary age, they can do a maze, dot to dot, play Bible bingo, or a coloring page one day and then enjoy doing it again and again on another day. This makes Bible worksheets for kids a great resource to have on hand when you need a quick activity to keep your kids busy with Bible fun.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience which means I may receive a small commission if you purchase through these links. Thank you for extending the support of Savoring Each Moment for Christian Moms! Please see my full disclosure policy.
How to Use Bible Worksheets for Kids
One of the best ways to utilize Bible worksheets for kids is to use them as you are reading or telling a specific Bible story. As your child is learning about the Bible story, they will have additional ways to interact and extend their learning. Bible worksheets can also help a child think and process the story while their hands are busy.
Many of these Bible story worksheets could be added to a Bible busy binder, Bible quiet book, or church busy book to work on while at church or during church meetings. Keep some on a clipboard with a box of colored pencils and a pencil in the seat pocket in the car (crayons melt if the car gets too hot), for waiting or traveling time in the car.
If you have mazes and word searches, you can slip those into sheet protectors and give your child a dry erase marker. They can “write” on the sheet protector and then wipe it off and do it again and again!
Bible Story Worksheets
If you are a parent, children’s class teacher, a school teacher in a Christian school, or a homeschooling mom, you are likely on the constant hunt for Bible story worksheets to keep your kids engaged, quiet, busy, and learning. When children are younger, they need to have simplified stories so they can understand the story and its significance. Stories such as Noah’s Ark and the Flood provide people and events that kids can understand.
Another Bible story that children relate to well and is prominent every year is the Nativity story or the story of Jesus‘ birth. When you are focusing on a specific story for a while, like we typically do during December, this is the perfect time to add additional worksheets and activities to go along with the Bible story.
Baby Moses is another story that children love to learn about. Through the story of Moses, children can learn about God’s love and salvation for both Moses and the Israelites.
RELATED: Bible Coloring Pages for Kids
Printable Bible Worksheets Pdf
Printable Bible worksheets are perfect for helping children work on something quietly. If you are going to be waiting at an appointment, sitting in church, quiet time work in the morning or evening, or anytime in between, these activity sheets will come in super handy. It doesn’t take much space in your purse or your child’s quiet bag to add a pencil, some crayons, a clipboard, and some printed Bible activity sheets. Give them a few at a time to keep them busy. There are many Bible worksheets about a particular character or a specific scripture passage.
Check out this list of paid and free Bible study worksheets centered around God’s word.
- Simple Living Creative Learning has a huge collection of Bible activity sheets.
- Bible Story Printables has a large collection as well.
- There are also a variety of Bible activity sheets here.
- Dot to dot Bible story pages. Kids love to do dot-to-dot puzzles as they learn to count and recognize numbers or letters.
- More Bible connect the dot pages. Dot-to-dot pages don’t typically take a long time to finish, but they are a fun way to practice hand-eye coordination and counting all at the same time.
- Cool2BKids has a bunch of printable dot-to-dot activity pages.
- Bible word search activity pages are also fun activities.
- Free Printable Bible Studies for kids or free printable Bible study worksheets are great resources for learning about the Old Testament books, the New Testament stories of Jesus’ miracles and delving into the wisdom of Solomon, Lot’s captivity and Naaman’s leprosy. Each of these stories are filled with Bible facts about life, the best way to live, scripture passages that make an impact for life, as well as fun facts to learn about.
- Bible Word Scrambles, mazes, coloring pages and tons of resources here!
- Bible study printables can range from prayer journals for kids, bible reading plans, as well as general study guides for specific Bible stories.
- Bible crossword puzzles, coloring pages, and more for tons of Bible stories here.
- When you’re looking for Bible story printables, often you are looking for Bible story coloring pages.
- Bible story crafts such as this full-color Lord’s Prayer Story Wheel craft is a fun worksheet and craft all tied into one printable.You can also get it in a black and white version which provides the space for your child to color their own Lord’s Prayer Story Wheel craft and make it unique.
- Printable Bible Escape Roomgames such as the story of Ruth, can challenge your child or teen to puzzle through the story and find clues that engage them in the story.
- Another engagingBible Escape Room is about Joseph.
- Daniel is a Bible character that is often a part of the Bible story line-up. ThisDaniel Bible Escape room game will encourage your family to stand up for what is right.
- You might also consider Bible Bingo games like this one that uses the words of 1 Corinthians 13 as additional resources to your printable Bible worksheets. Nativity Bingo can be played year round as well as the Easter Story Bingo which depicts scenes of Jesus resurrection. You can also use this Names of Jesus bingo game to learn more about the meaning of His names.
Print Your Bible Worksheets for Kids Now
The links above contain a wealth of Bible worksheets which can be a great way to extend a Bible story or scripture page and help your child interact with the Bible story a bit more. You can spend hours searching for a Bible worksheet here or there on Pinterest, but if you scroll back up a bit and click on the links in this post, you will find more Bible worksheets than you can use in a day! Get ready, set, print or order, and enjoy some quality time with your child.